TEN WAYS TO WEAR THE MIDI SKIRT
Fashion should always be about expressing yourself and your individual style – the world is your runway! Having said that, we’ve all had moments when we’ve dressed ourselves at a yawning 6am, only to realise later in the coffee queue or during a marketing pitch, that we look more Bird-Lady-Chic than Parisian-Vogue. There is no doubt that super-styling just makes you feel good, helping you to ace life.
Here are ten ways to ensure you crack the midi skirt code every single time.
1. It’s a cinch. Tucking a top into a floral midi skirt gives waist definition, throwing an unafraid-to-be-feminine silhouette. It’s super flattering for curvaceous babes and gives leggy height to petite beauties. Complete the look with a wrap-around sandal and breezy straw hat.
2. Wear a swing top. Opposing all the rules, the a-line top goes against everything we’ve ever been taught about silhouettes. And yet, the overall look is uber cool and current, beaming with more cult fashion status than the standard tuck-in. Throw on a kitten heel for fun, and you’re on your way to a meeting or long lunch.
3. Blazer of glory. The midi skirt is undeniably cool when paired with a leather bomber jacket. We suggest adding a heel; any height of shoe will literally elevate this look. Statuesque girls can thank their long pins for pulling off the straight silhouette. That said, anyone who radiates confidence can own the look too.
4. Roll up your sleeves. A crisp white shirt is a wardrobe staple, and the perfect partner for the midi. This look is not only wearable from the grocery store to the white-table-cloth dinner, it’s super easy to style. Just roll up your sleeves, knot up the waist and off you go. Mrs Olivia Palermo knows where it’s at.
5. Crop it out. Showing a barely there midriff of skin just above the waistline is the perfect way to radiate femininity. Finish the look with a simple stiletto and envelope clutch.
6. Sweater weather. We can’t wait to wear this look in Winter. When we dust off our chunky knitted jumpers, they will look at their new found love – the silk midi – and snuggle us with gratitude. Team them both with a cute pair of boots for bonus style points.
7. Tee it up. The girl could wear a paper bag, but luckily for us she continues to rock the midi skirt. With a simple t-shirt and fabulous heels, Olivia shows us how it’s done.
8. Suits you. The figure-skimming bodysuit is perfect for highlighting a statement mermaid midi skirt. Not only that, it is less overwhelming on the frame, proving that petite girls like Amanda Seyfried can pull off a midi length every day of the week.
9. Sneaky. On any given day, team your midi skirt with a pair of fresh white sneakers – trust us. Jerry Seinfeld was way ahead of the fashion pack.
10. Wrapped. When in doubt, we like to wear the exact outfit as shown by the label. There is usually a team of stylists and designers behind a single photo, so we can take their word for it that the outfit was meant to look a certain way. For example, this silk midi looks insanely good with its complementary silk wrap top. Let the brand do the thinking and you’ll always walk away styled to perfection.